The Deetken Group and Cooperative ABACO collectively bring over 30 years of investing experience in financial institutions in Latin America and Africa.
We have a proven track record that enables our investors to maximize stable returns while having a positive impact in the communities where we are investing. Our investment decisions are guided by a long-term horizon, a global outlook and a commitment to ethical business practices.
Deetken Capital Investment Pool Track Record
Our extensive experience includes:
- Renewable energy
- Healthcare (base of pyramid, First Nations, and rural and remote populations)
- Technical assistance (credit and portfolio analyses, social impact, governance, IT and development, and information management)
- Emerging markets analyses
- Lending to women entrepreneurs
- Financial services to micro and small entrepreneurs
- Microinsurance and low-cost remittances
- Affordable housing
The Deetken Capital Investment Pool
The Deetken Capital Investment Pool (“Deetken Capital”) is a good example of our strong investment experience.
Deetken Capital is a private investment pool created in 2008 to manage the personal capital of the Deetken Group partners and close business associates. With a broader mandate than the Deetken Impact Fund, its primary investment focus has been on private investments in Latin American markets which foster and support economic development.
Deetken Capital has successfully completed numerous investments in Latin American MSEs (micro and small enterprises) and social enterprises. The Deetken Group has advised companies in the region for over a decade.
Deetken Capital has generated a Cumulative Average Annual Growth Rate of over 11% since inception in May 2008.